Posts Tagged ‘Pete Johnson’
Latest posts by Rob Malgieri (see all)
- Miami Cigar & Co. Exclusive Distribution with Toscano - February 3, 2016
- Villiger Cigars North America Names Rene Castaneda President - February 3, 2016
- Casa de Montecristo Opens Online Cigar Shop - February 2, 2016
Tatuaje Exclusive Series 2015 for the TAA.
The Tobacconists’ Association of America, LTD. exclusive cigars for 2015:
- Altadis Por Larranaga 2015 Limited Edition
- Ashton VSG Robusto Especial TAA Exclusive
- Asylum Nyctophilia
- Crowned Heads The Angel’s Anvil MMXV
- Drew Estate Acid Big Bang TAA Exclusive
- LFD 2015 47th Limited Edition
- My Father Limited Edition 2015
- Nat Sherman Panamericana TAA Exclusive
- Padron 1926 #47 Limited Edition
- Padron 1964 Toro TAA Exclusive
- Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary TAA Exclusive Robusto Grande
- SAG Casa Magna Limited Edition 2015
- Tatuaje Exclusive Series 2015
This is the fifth consecutive year that Tatuaje has made the TAA exclusive using different blends, except for this year. The 2015 is a re-release of the 2011 exclusive blend. Limited production of 3,800 boxes of 20 (76,000 cigars).
Today, I am smoking the Tatuaje Exclusive Series 2015 5 5/8 x 54 box-pressed cigar.
The label features the TAA logo with a gold embossed ring. The side of the label wraps around with red, white and blue stripes along with the Tatuaje Exclusive Series designation.
The Tatuaje Exclusive Series 2015 wrapper is a deep, rich chocolate brown featuring a closed foot. Aroma is, as expected, earthy with cedar and a mellow tobacco sweetness. A firm roll and nice easy draw, I am anxious to get this cigar lit up.
The first couple of puffs hit me with a nice burnt wood flavor, probably due to the closed foot adding a lot of extra wrapper flavor. A nice pepper spice is coming through with cedar, leather and a very nice tobacco sweetness on the finish. The subtle sweetness on the finish really tames the up-front hit of pepper to balance the flavors out.
CRUISE CONTROL BURN
The burn line is too wavy, but I temporarily adjust with a touch-up light. The grey with some mottled black ash just fell off after an inch and a half. Pepper spiciness is still prominent, but not to the point of pushing it into the strong range. So far this is a medium plus smoke. I am still enjoying the easy draw, pepper, woody notes, malt and the subtle sweet offset on the finish. A couple more touch-up lights to even out the burn line as I try to get it evened up again.
The ash is now hanging on nicely. Flavors remain balanced with no significant profile change as I head for the finish. If anything, the strength has tapered off a bit, which is unusual, but a welcome change.
A perfect box-pressed roll, easy draw, and a nice medium plus strength.
- Tobacco Sweetness
In spite of my difficulty in getting an even burn line, that had little impact on the overall experience. The Tatuaje Exclusive Series 2015 is a medium to medium plus smoke with plenty of balanced flavors, a perfect roll and an easy draw. Made at My Father Cigars for Pete Johnson in Esteli, Nicaragua, I expected nothing less.
Some online providers are already sold out, so get them while you still can.
Cigars Smoked for review: 1
Cigar Smoke Rate: 8.9/10
Size: 5 5/8 x 54
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
MSRP: $220 per Box of 20 or $11 Single